Hopewell Animal Hospital knows how much you care about your pets and the importance of taking care of them. We are a full-service facility and provide veterinary services, surgery (see below for specific surgical procedures), microchipping, dental care, boarding, grooming, and cremation services. We also have an on-site lab, pharmacy and X-Ray to provide for your pets’ needs in a more timely manner. We sell flea and tick control products as well as heartworm prevention products.
As a primary care facility, Hopewell Animal Hospital’s highly trained and compassionate care team offer a variety of soft tissue, elective, and orthopedic surgical procedures. Due to the wide range of medical conditions and surgical procedures, some surgical solutions for your pet may be referred to a local surgery specialty practice. We offer the following surgical procedures at Hopewell Animal Hospital, but we are not limited to them:
- Reproductive procedures including ovariohysterectomy (spay), castration (neuter), pyometra ovariohysterectomy, and cryptorchid castration.
- Soft tissue Procedures including wound management, reconstructive, and removal of some types of cancers.
- Urinary procedures including perineal urethrostomy and cystotomy.
- Gastrointestinal procedures including enterotomies, anastomosis, gastropexy, gastrostomy, splenectomy, and some types of mass removals.
- Respiratory system procedures including rhinoplasty and elongated soft palate resection.
- Dental procedures including subgingival cleaning, polishing, and extractions.
- Dewclaw removal and tail docking (breed specific) for animals 24-48 hours old.
Our surgical staff is dedicated to keeping our clients well-informed about surgical procedures and decisions made regarding the wellness and care of their pets. While surgical healing can cause patient discomfort, pain management is an important part of our surgical process in order to keep your pet as comfortable as possible. We give Senior and Military discounts for vaccinations and offer CareCredit with no interest for 6 months (subject to credit approval). For questions about our surgical procedures, please call our office at (804) 458-9521.
Boarding and Grooming
Our boarding services are top-quality, and your pet will feel right at home. We now have a boarding suite with expanded space, outdoor runs and a fenced, grassy yard for your loved ones to play in. Bring your pets to see Esther Armstrong, who has been the kennel manager at our hospital for over 20 years. Esther will take excellent care of your special friend when you need to be away! Hopewell Animal Hospital offers grooming services with Roberta Cook and Ariel Smith, both professional all-breed groomers. Give us a call at (804) 458-9521 to schedule a tour, make an appointment or find out more information.